A Strong Defense Against Drug Possession And Narcotics Charges
Were you caught with marijuana or pills and charged with possession? Did a search of your car turn up a joint or drug paraphernalia? Please do not underestimate how much difference a lawyer who knows the law, area courts and your options could make for you.
If you have been arrested for pot or any type of drug possession, please make it a priority to talk with an experienced defense attorney about the exact charge, circumstances of your arrest and possible consequences. Ignoring the problem or waiting too long to get legal help could be a mistake you regret because:
- Even a first-offense marijuana possession conviction carries the possibility of time in jail, and fines and other penalties increase dramatically for any subsequent offenses.
- Most employers now routinely perform criminal background checks, and any drug possession charge could eliminate a good opportunity for you.
- If you are a student at UNC Wilmington, Meredith, Cape Fear Community College or elsewhere, student loans and other financial aid you are receiving could be at risk.
- We have succeeded in earning acquittals, dismissals and other favorable legal outcomes for people facing drug possession charges when an illegal search, improper stop or other police mistake was involved.
We Work Hard For Every Client And Always Respect Your Need For Confidentiality
We can represent you whether your arrest occurred in New Hanover County, Sampson, Duplin Bladen, Pender, Columbus, Brunswick or another county in our area, and whether the charge is for illegal possession of:
- Marijuana or drug paraphernalia
- Prescription drugs such as OxyContin or other pain medication, Adderall (often misspelled Aderol) or other stimulants, or an antidepressant or anti-anxiety drug
- A small amount of cocaine, Ecstasy, or other narcotics treated very seriously under North Carolina law
Request A Free Consultation Today: 910-338-9813
At Christina Rivenbark & Associates, our Wilmington drug possession defense lawyers do not judge our clients and we sincerely want to help. Our mission is to help you resolve the problem with minimal damage to your life and future.
You can depend on us to explore viable options but respect your choices, including entering treatment if you feel you need it or it may help in our negotiations with prosecutors. Contact us online or call 910-338-9813 for a free initial consultation.